Script Frenzy!

If you love to write, but don’t want to wait for NaNoWriMo (Don’t know what NaNoWriMo is? Check out www.nanowrimo.org for the info!) then maybe it’s time you check out Script Frenzy!
Script Frenzy takes place in April every year, and it gives you 30 days to write 100 pages of a script! The script could be for anything from a full-length movie to a graphic novel. It starts at 12:01 am on April 1st and ends at 11:59 pm on April 30th. That’s it- you have exactly 30 days to write 100 pages…
Script Frenzy (and NaNoWriMo and all other events like these) are fantastic opportunities for writers to just sit and work on a specific piece of writing! This is a great way to get all of your ideas down in 30 days and then you can go back and edit your work after the 30 days are up.
It’s also a great way to have fun, not to mention it’s pretty much the BEST excuse to not go see that lame movie coming out that your significant other/best friend/younger sibling plans to drag you to.
Take these 30 days to write as much as you can and see how accomplished you feel after!
If you’re interested in taking part in Script Frenzy, the Writing Center is here to support you! We reserved a room in the Knowledge Center for people to get together, sit, and write!

We have room 520 reserved for the following dates and times:

3 Thursdays:  April 7th 11:00-1:00; April 14th 11:00-1:00; April 21st 11:00-1:00 and a Saturday, April 30th 12:00-2:00. The last meeting is on the last day of Script Frenzy so you can be surrounded by friends and supporters during the home stretch!

During the meetings we have scheduled , you can write or just meet up with other writers to talk about your ideas, plan times to make other writing groups with your fellow frenziers, or just talk about how excited/nervous/happy/stressed/ecstatic you are about the frenzy!
(You can get more info about the frenzy at www.scriptfrenzy.org)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Script Frenzy!

1. Maureen McBride says:

I am committing to working on a script I have been considering for about a year. My son played in an indoor t-ball league when he was four–it was a comedy of errors at best. Script Frenzy will give me the opportunity to test the potential of my idea. See you on Thursdays in April.

2. ahennefer says:

Sounds fun, Maureen! I would love to write a comedy someday but my brain just isn’t that funny. I definitely enjoy it, though.